2019 is here and the Google search pages are flooded with the lists of articles describing the trends of technologies in this year. But Great Logics is adding some extra essence on it by incorporating facts about the career opportunity for those technologies.
According to recent research, the hiring intent will be mostly concentrated between two types of employers. First type needs to expand and other one need new skills, sometimes hiring may be result of meeting the customer demands. To proceed with the firm’s rollout, they require the requisite skills to expand into new emerging areas.
Turnover is a very healthy practice for any industry but the employers reported some challenges, they are facing like:
- Limited pool of available workers in a particular location
- Finding candidates with desired skill-sets
- Rising expectation of higher salary
- Finding candidates with in-depth knowledge
In this article, we try to highlight how much demand exits for each, roles of different technologies, who are offering jobs for those experts.
1. Artificial Intelligence
AI has being developed to mimic the human intelligence. It performs task like recognition of images, decision making etc. It does the work more accurate than humans. AI services includes: ride-sharing apps, navigation apps, smart home devices, schedule trains, buses and many other money saving tasks. Because of generating potential jobs in AI, it becomes the hot topic among the aspirants. According to Forrester Research findings, the evolution of AI will create millions of new jobs in next 5 years. No matter how sophisticated it becomes, the need for skilled humans to control advanced technologies will always be on high demand.
Quick facts about AI as a career:
Average salary: Around $100,000 to $150,000 for an AI programmer and $171,715 for an AI engineer
Companies who are hiring: Amazon, NVIDIA, Microsoft, IBM, Accenture, Facebook, Intel, Samsung etc.
Categories of Job for AI experts, according to Glassdoor:
- AI Software Engineer
- AI Data Scientist
- AI Product Manager
- AI Research Engineer
Recently machine learning is deploying different industries creating the huge demand for skilled professionals. The name resembles the very feature of the technology i.e “The Ability To learn”. Machine Learning is a subset of artificial intelligence which focuses mainly on machine learning from their experience and making predictions based on its experience.
Quick facts about machine learning:
- Average salary: $143K+ (Machine Learning Engineer)
- 550 AI/machine learning startups received $5 billion in funding in 2016
- Companies hiring Machine learning experts: Amazon, Hotstar, Haptik, McAfee, MakeMyTrip. JPMorganChase&Co.
- Job category for Machine Learning Experts: Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Machine Learning Technical Lead, Machine Learning Senior Researcher, Machine Learning Systems Engineer
Block chain technology in the end is an opportunity for additional financing services based on the trade of physical goods. At present, most people use any given financial transaction to make any given financial transaction/procedure.
The demand for skilled professionals is increasing with the increased use of Block chain.
About blockchain as a career:
- Average salary: between $150,000 and $175,000
- According to Gartner, the business value of blockchain will be $3.1 trillion in by 2030.
- Between late 2017-late 2018, demand for blockchain engineers increased by 400 percent
- Companies hiring Blockchain experts: Facebook, Amazon, IBM and Microsoft
4. Robotic Process Automation
To automate 45% of the activities, Robotics Process Automation is another technology like as AI and Machine Learning. This technology handles the activities like dealing with data, processing transaction, interpreting applications and even replying to emails.
About Robotic Process Automation
- Salary : Around $141,000 annually
- Roles: Developer, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Solution Architect, And Consultant
- Companies hiring: Cognizant, IBM, E2, TCS, Accenture, CTS.
5. Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
Augment Reality (AR) enhances the environment, while the Virtual Reality (VR) immerses the user in that environment.
In the present scenario the potential employees are in short supply whereas the demand for the candidates with VR & AR knowledge is growing high.
Quick facts about XR as a career:
- Average salary: $75,000 to $80,000
- According to Statista, it is expected that market will reach $215 billion by 2021.
- Companies hiring VR and AR experts: Google, Facebook, Snap (Snapchat), NVIDIA and HTC
6. Cyber Security
As new threats are constantly evolving, cyber security market is also growing like any other emerging technologies. Hardware authentication, cloud technology, and deep learning, are the three new stream added in Cyber security. It is constantly evolving to defend the hackers.
About cyber security as a career:
- Average salary: $94,981/annum
- Companies hiring Cyber security experts: Top IT companies are hiring to keep them safe from hackers
- Roles: From ethical hacker to security engineer to Chief Security Officer all these roles come under cyber security expert.
- It is expected that by 2022, Cyber security market will have 3.5 millions of job. Demand for security professionals is growing a high pace.
7. Data Science and analytics
Two mainstays of Big Data are Data Science and Analytics. To accelerate the decision-making and bring greater accuracy, around 84% of enterprises have launched advanced analytics and Big Data initiatives.
It is expecting that the market for the Data Scientist and analyst will grow upto $19.4 billion by 2026.
About data analysis as a career:
- Average salary: Data Analysts - $59,000 and Data Scientists - $92,000 per annum.
- Future Job Market: As per expert estimation, by 2020, 2.7 million job postings for data analytics and science.
- Companies hiring Data scientist and analyst: Accenture, Fidelity Investments, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Aon, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Oath, MSD, Intel.
8. Mobile Development
As per estimation there are 2.5 billion smartphones users in the world in 2018. It indicates that just having a responsive website is not enough to stay relevant in this competitive market; companies need mobiles apps too, to stay connected. It's an ideal career path for aspiring job seekers. The present trend of the mobile app development industry is to conclave technology with reality – apps like Pokémon Go.
About mobile development as a career:
- Average salary: $101K per annum
- Market Prediction: $6.3 trillion by 2021
- Companies Hiring App Developers: OpenXcell, Swenson He, Consagous Technologies, Algoworks, Zco Corporation, IndiaNIC Infotech Ltd, Hidden Brains InfoTech etc.
- Job Titles of App developer: Android Developer, iOS Developer, Full Stack Mobile Developer, Mobile Application Developer.
9. Data Engineering
Data engineering enables data science to exist, but they are not same. As data scientist rely on the infrastructure and the tools build by the data engineers.
To bridge the data science and data science driven system, data engineering is the critically accepted link. When organizations grow in their analytical maturity, to support the complex systems they’re building, they need much better data infrastructure. So the demands for proficient Data engineers are high.
About data engineering as a career:
- Average salary: $90,839 per year
- Companies Hiring Data Engineer: Quora, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Netflix, IBM.
- Job titles of Data engineer: Data Architect, Data Warehouse Engineer, Technical Architect, and Solutions Architect.
10. Data Visualization
By placing data in a visual context, Data visualization process helps people to understand the significance of data. Experts use charts or graphs to simplify the data. It creates the bridge between data analyst and others. It is the main appealing factor to bring Big Data in the main stream.
About data visualization as a career:
- Average salary: $98,264 per annum
- Job Titles: Data Visualization Analyst, Data Visualization Engineer, Data Visualization Designer,
- Companies Hiring: Accenture, Capgemini, Jones Lang LaSalle, Morgan Stanley, Amazon.
To drive real business results, employers use Data Visualization to make sense of large amounts of data. Data Visualization is used to identify areas in the business, gives clear idea about what factors influence human behavior, predict sales volume, identify trends, relationships, pattern etc.
The Center of attention for all employers, employees and aspirants in any industries are trending technologies. Above we tried to compile a list of trending technologies. The list is always open for suggestions. Please feel free to share your ideas and experiences in the comment section.
Hopefully in 2019, these above mentioned technologies may bring new possibilities.